Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Oh sweet Pete!

I just got home from school. As usual, I have sat down, kicked my feet up, and am relaxing while the stupefying waves of television entertainment wash over me.

There isn’t much on tv at 4:30. There are always Law & Order re-runs, game shows, and the pinnacle of modern entertainment… Judge Judy. Normally I watch just enough of Judge Judy’s program to make myself feel better by watching the train wreck of other people’s lives. I am constantly reminded that my life could be worse.

Anyway… Today I saw two people who have sunken farther than I could have ever thought possible. Two parties were disputing damages from a drunken altercation. Apparently they both had a little too much to drink, one pushed the other, it escalated and eventually somebody ruined a $900 suit and somebody sprained a finger.

“A $900 suit?” you ask… Why yes… And what kind of person who can afford a $900 suit is on Judge Judy.

Attorneys! Two Attorneys!

Let me just lay this out here. If you are a member of the bar and you end up on Judge Judy, you have hit rock bottom. It is bad enough that two gainfully employed lawyers couldn’t quietly deal with the consequences of their embarrassing drunken episode, but how the hell did they get to Judge Judy’s court? The names of these two jokers have to be synonyms for “dumb-ass” and “moron” in their legal community.

I feel so much better about myself now… No matter how poorly my finals go, no matter how bad my first job out of school is, it can’t possibly get that bad.

No comments: