Sunday, May 13, 2007

Oh the things I learn...

Today someone asked me, "What is the most interesting thing you learned this year?"

Unfortunately, it wasn't exactly the right time or place to tell them the true answer so I said something about probable cause and reasonable suspicion but now I can express what I truly felt.

This year I learned that the stores around Pullman, WA sell more beer and condoms on "Mother's Weekend" than any other week of the year. This seemed a bit strange to me when I first heard it. I wondered why these kids would be more inclined to be out on the prowl when their mothers are in town.

Then I learned that the medical clinics around Pullman, WA distribute more plan B, STD tests, and pregnancy tests over Mother's weekend than any other week of the year.

1 + 1 = HOLY CRAP!

It's not the kids out getting their grove on, it's the MOTHERS! When I first reached this conclusion I was sure I my math was wrong. Unfortunately... I checked with some of the locals and it is true.

As I watch the kids on the undergraduate campus wearing their pants half way down their asses, drinking themselves stupid, and exchanging sexually transmitted diseases I frequently find myself fearing for the future of our nation. I wonder what will come of our society when these kids are running the show.

Well... Mother's weekend gives me hope. How much worse can I guess it get? Can these kids really be worse than their mothers?

Of all the things I have learned, this is BY FAR the most interesting, disturbing, and disgusting. I don't know where these people are from but the idea of my mother visiting my dorm and getting all Mrs. Robinson with my fraternity brother is so foreign I can't even start to imagine it.

What is the world coming to?

1 comment:

Lindsey Lou said...

Oh don't worry. People have been having gag-inspiring sex for centuries, I'm sure, and the end of the world hasn't arrived yet.