Friday, January 25, 2008

Funeral Protests? Seriously?

The ink has barely dried on Heath Ledger's death certificate and already there are people getting ready to protest his funeral.

Seriously? Why do you protest a funeral? The dude is DEAD. What exactly is it you hope to achieve? Keep him from making any more movies about gay cowboys? Check. Keep him from making more money from his gay movie? Check.

Where did this crap come from? Protesting at the funerals of dead soldiers, actors, or anyone else for that matter is just plain stupid. Worse still, it is about the least Christian thing I can think of.

If I recall correctly the scriptures say we should "...weep with them that weep."

I could be wrong but I think there are also some things in there about "curse not" and leaving wrath to God.

Or is it just me?

No comments: